A Philanthropic Powerhouse Celebrating More Than a Century of Dedicated Service
Nearly every part of The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ± has been touched by the dedicated members of The Women's Board. Founded in 1898 by prominent Washington women, The Women's Board has evolved into a philanthropic powerhouse consisting of more than 70 members.Â
A Columbian University ordinance dated April 13, 1898 first empowered the Womanâ€™s Board founders to organize and assist the ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ± by providing financial support for new equipment and offering services for its patients and staff.
On October 7, 1898, the group officially organized as the Board of Lady Managers, steadily increasing to 100 members with an associate membership of which one-third were men. Columbian University was rededicated as The George Washington University in 1904. A few years later, the organization's name was changed to the Women's Board, The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ±. When the organization was incorporated in 2004, the name changed againÂ to The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ± Women's Board, Inc. (Women's Board).
The Women's Board continues its dedicated service to the hospital, university and surrounding community today.
The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ± Women's Board, Inc. is a nonprofit organization. Tax ID 43-2058202.