¸»Ó®²ÊÆ±ization is a stressful time for patients, families and friends. The Department of Spiritual Care at The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ±Â has trained professionals who can offer supportÂ during these stressful times.
Both patients and visitors are welcome to visitÂ The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ± Women's Board Interfaith Chapel is on the first floor, directly opposite Admissions and next to the Volunteer Office.
Chaplins can help in many ways, including when patients:Â
- StruggleÂ with the meaning of your illness
- Have concerns with spiritual issues
- WrestleÂ with difficult treatment choices
- Request a religious ritual specific to your tradition
- Express anxiety or fear or to confide in a "safe" person
- ReceiveÂ bad news
- Are far from home and would like support
- Are anticipating surgery
- Would like someone to pray withÂ or receive a blessingÂ
- Grieving a loss
Services We Provide
- Preoperative visits
- Response to code blues
- End of life rituals
- Memorial services
- Palliative care rounds
- In-service presentations
- Communion services for Catholics and ProtestantsÂ
Department of Spiritual Care
The George Washington University ¸»Ó®²ÊÆ±
A chaplain is available on-site from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and can be reached by RF phone at 5114, or by paging 202-209-4277. An on-call chaplain is available evenings and weekends by paging 202-209-4277.
Chaplain Request Line:
For non-emergencies, leave a message at 202-715-5329.
For immediate help, call 202-209-4277.